Yesterday was a crazy day! I spent the entire day in the city with my mom. It was a perfect day of fun and an awesome (needed) mental break from all the studying I’ve been doing. But- before a recap of our day trip, a quick post and recipe for y’all!
Friday was a busy (studying + doctor + workout) day with healthy eats to keep me fueled.
First up: oats, banana, almond milk, and a little yogurt. Simple throw together breakfast- my favorite.
After wayyyy too long, (because of the doctor’s office) I was able to eat some lunch. An ‘everything’ salad and some banana bread on the side.
Then, workout time. Friday it was 60 minutes of straight cardio, plus an arm workout I did at home. I’ve been getting in more strength truing lately, and it’s awesome. I feel strong…and sore.
After some more studying, I made a bowl of leftovers- chicken, eggplant, spaghetti squash, marinara sauce, and a little mozzarella on top. Delicious!
^^And this..just for proof that I still wear real clothes (however rare it may be..)!^^
Ok, on to the good stuff- the recipe!
This recipe is super easy and you don’t need special gluten free flour! Just rolled oats!
Make the oat flour!
Take your oats, and process them into oats. I used a smaller attachment of my Ninja, but any food processor or even a good blender should work. Make them as coarse/fine as you would like.
Recipe- Gluten Free Egg Free Banana Bread
- 4-5 medium-large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups oat flour (I just blended 3 cups oat flour in my Ninja)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread loaf pans. Mash your bananas (I find this easier on a plate, but whatever works for you). In a bowl, mix bananas, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla.
2. Next add in the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together until completely combined.
3. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely before cutting.
5. Enjoy with almond butter, butter, chocolate chips, jam- whatever floats your boat!