These are some things exciting me lately..
- Rompers Cute, easy, and perfect for the hot summer days. These are some good ones:
Accordance Lace Romper from Anthropologie – I love the open back!
This Floral Patchwork Jumpsuit from Zara -perfectly playful for summer.
- Anything and everything avocado. They are so delicious and nutritional powerhouses. They have vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. In addition they are rich in monounsaturated fats, oleic acid, and omega 3’s which are all amazing for your heart. Currently loving this chunky guacamole recipe from one of my favorite blogs- Girl Crush.
- Iced treats. Some are just too good to pass up! These are Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams from Columbus, Ohio. So good! they’re kind of pricey but believe me it’s worth it. I’ll give a full review of the flavors when we try them.
- Veggies. It’s summer and LOTS of good veggies are in season. I’m digging bell peppers, kale, and tomatoes (to go with my avocado of course!)
This is a dinner I threw together recently- kale, bell pepper, romaine lettuce, black bean patty (homemade!), asparagus, and some avocado. That didn’t last long, yum!
- Last but not least- I saw an article on the Harvard Review today that I love. “Move Over Mediterranean-a vegetarian diet is just as good for health.”
- I was especially interested in this- as a vegan and former vegetarian. The health benefits of eating a plant based diet are irrefutable so it’s good to see more scientific studies being done about it.
- The summary:
- People who eat a vegetarian diet were 12% less likely to die over the course of the 5 year study
- It was especially good for men- I love this because men are usually MUCH more resistant to a vegetarian diet!
- The summary:
- Really great and informative! Head over if you’re interested in the vegetarian diet!
Happy Humpday, hope everyone is having a great week!